Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competition, economic trends, seasonality, supply and demand, etc.) and implements appropriate sells.
- Effectively manages patterns, rates, dates and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- History of exceeding revenue production goals as demonstrated through proven track record of market development and strong closing ratios.
- Participates in daily business reviews.
- Ability to develop strategic sales plans with measurable results.
- Active solicitation of accounts to generate direct sales, with emphasis on strategic penetration of key accounts in assigned territory and be able to travel outbound to such territories.
- Promotes high visibility of hotel through active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Successfully prepares and executes site inspections with emphasis on creativity and originality. Understands competitor's strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate the Marriott from the competition during the site visit.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover information to Event Management.
- Attends pre/post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Proactively involved and visible with groups when they are onsite and is an active partner of the Event Management Team to ensure a seamless experience starting at sales phase through group's departure.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (Global Sales, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team) to verify that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Demonstrates business acumen of all industry trends to effectively impact market and uncover potential new customers.
- Maintains and fosters impeccable relationships with local industry partners by demonstrating local market and community leadership.
- 4 Year College degree preferred in Hospitality or Business field.
- 5-7 years sales experience in full service properties.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Suite programs.
- Marriott systems experience is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Maintain professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers.
- Ability to travel both locally and out of town for purposes of sales calls, meetings and training.
- Must be available for evenings and weekends for business reasons including attending business/social functions, entertaining clients and oversight of sales & catering client bookings and events.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17001E6I&lang=en
• Post ID: 34879677 nashville