Posted: Monday, March 5, 2018 3:12 PM
Job Function: Air Freight
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Level: Entry:level
Sub:department: Air Import
Office Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Travel Required: N/A
Start Date: Immediate opening
The Panalpina Group is one of the worlds leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining its core products of Air Freight, Ocean Freight, and Logistics to deliver globally integrated, tailor:made end:to:end solutions. The Panalpina Group operates a global network with some 500 offices in more than 80 countries, and employs around 15,000 people worldwide.
We are looking to hire an Air Import Customer Service Agent to serve as a point of contact for the customer, ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Receive and track P.O.s from Importers/customer service group for pending shipments
* Retrieve shipment details from Shipment Communication Platform (SCP) to open file
* Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing and Origin Stations
* Answer all customer inquires in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
* Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
* Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e:mail, fax, visit
* Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers.
* Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
* Accurately bill customers for services rendered and provide accurate job costing forecast
* Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
* Serve as a liaison between Document Processing and customer regarding all shipment details
* Assist Sales in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
* Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations.
* Other duties as requested.
* College Degree Preferred
* Experience in logistics/forwarding industry
* Experience in Customer Service
* Good Geography knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
* Excellent knowledge of freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 2 years in industry
* Knowledge of all Panalpina products
* Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
* Team player
* Proficient in MS Office applications
* Good command of written and spoken English
* Other languages a plus
Specifics for Job / Environment
* Knowledge of Panalpina products
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Team player
If you wish learn more about this opportunity, please contact: Panalpina Nashville
• Location: Nashville
• Post ID: 36296482 nashville